Private sector opportunity for NORAD funding
Posted: 04 September 2018
The private sector in Malawi is encouraged to apply for an open call for applications for funding from Enterprise Development for Jobs, which is a funding scheme for private sector development, run by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad).
In a letter, NORAD said Malawi is one of nine prioritised countries in the project. The following five sectors will be given priority in this round:
- Agriculture, including agro-processing
- Fish and marine resources
- Maritime sector
- Information and Communications Technology
These are some of the key requirements for the applicants:
- The applicant must cover at least 50% of the costs for the applied project with own funds.
- The minimum grant size is NOK 500 000, approx. USD 60 000.
- The applicant must document access to the necessary and sufficient financial resources to implement and follow up the investment.
- Applicants without audited accounts for the last three years must otherwise demonstrate access to the required financial resources.
- As a general rule, the applicant must have an annual turnover of at least NOK 10 million.
The full call text is available here: https://grants.mfa.no/#call/1181